Lady Gaga: Pulls Out All The Stops To Prevent Flop Album
Lady Gaga seems afraid that her new album might tank, so she’s taken the proper precautions to ensure it’s “success”.
By, inking multiple deal to promote ‘ART
FLOPOP‘ Gaga has successfully made the public aware that the album exists. But, it seems as if the masses aren’t buying into it (pun intended).
While, the album rose to number one in most countries, it fell out of the top spot just as quickly .
Things aren’t all bad in the land of Gaga though, Billboard expects the album to move around 240-250K units and debut in the number one spot.
When you consider Gaga‘s last release moved somewhat of 1.1M copies during it’s first week, these numbers are abysmal. But,her previous release only sold that much because of Amazon’s 99cent deal, which sold roughly 400K copies.
This time is no different because Gaga is back up to her old tricks, pulling multiple Gimmicks in order to increase album sales.
A list of all the schemes the ‘ARTPOP‘ era has bring upon us already:
- Clear Channel Deal (Via this venture, the album will be spun on 150 Clear Channel Contemporary Hit Radio (CHR), Rhythmic CHR, and Hot AC stations around the country)
- Google Play: Unlike Amazon Google Play didn’t sell the album for 99cents but it didn’t cut the price in half. The albums now sales for $5.99 on Google Play
- H &M Deal: The album will now be sold at H&M with a small discount, bringing the original price down to $9.95
- ARTPOP Stores: Gaga has open multiple stores across New York and Los Angeles that exclusively sells the Album ($16) and T-shirts ($30). The stores will close after first week sales are in.
- Applause Kia Soul Commercial: Despite teaming up with Kia to promote her lead single ‘Applause’ the single didn’t not reach the number spot on billboard and actually peaked at number four.
- Posting Of A Endless Link of Applause: Gaga originally publicized a link which allowed users to watch the video 150 times in a row. Gaga was immediately called out my Billboard‘s Bill Werde for her questionable practices.
- Do What You Want Dre Beats Commercial: Gaga attempted to promote her second single the same way she did the first, through television commercials. Despite constant promotion and the approval of many music critics the single has yet to debut in Billboards top ten.
Overall, it’s quit sad that after all of her promotional gimmicks Gaga isn’t outselling the other girls. Katy who sold 286K and Miley who sold 270K didn’t do as half as much promotion for their album releases.
Originally the albums was set to mirror the sales of Nicki Minaj‘s ‘Pink Friday‘, which debuted with 375K. The fact Gaga likely won’t outsell the debut effort of a female rapper is down right sad.